Getting to Broken Hill
How do you get here?
- Road: By road from Mildura, Sydney and Adelaide.
- Coach: Coach travel is available from Adelaide and Mildura.
- Train: By train from Sydney and Adelaide with Countrylink and Great Southern Railways (Indian Pacific or Laser/XPT Sydney-Dubbo-Broken Hill).
- Air: By air from Sydney and Adelaide with Rex.
- Remote regions: A 4WD is suggested for venturing into more remote areas.
What’s the weather like?
- Summer: Warm to hot summers with temperatures climbing to 38c° and over about 10 days a year. The average high for summer months is about 32C.
- Winters: Mild winters, about 15-16c°.
- Rainfall: Rainfall averages around 20mm a month.
Do you know what the time is?
Broken Hill and Silverton operate on Central Standard Time. All other towns in our region operate on Eastern Standard time.